- Director (member of the board of directors), Industrial and Technology Assistance Corporation
- Member, Faculty Development and Technology Transfer Advisory Board, State of New York Department of Economic Development/Empire State Development
- Director (member of the board of directors), New York State Economic Development Council
- Judge, SpaceAppsNYC, the global mainstage for NASA’s International SpaceApps Challenge/hackathon
- Member, External Advisory Board, Columbia University Center for Advanced Information Management
- Member, Entrepreneurship Committee, Alumni Council of the Leonard N. Stern School of Business at NYU
- President and other officer/director positions, Spruce Hill Community Association, Inc. , Philadelphia, early 1990s. I was co-chair of the committee that produced the Spruce Hill Community Renewal Plan, 1996 winner of the Pennsylvania Planning Association’s top award for “Comprehensive Planning by a Small Community.”
- Director (member of the board of directors), Center for Economic and Environmental Partnership, Inc., New York, early 2000s.