- Executive Director (founding), Business Incubator Association of New York State, Inc. (BIA/NYS)
- Consultant to Gulf Power (a unit of the Southern Company) on technology-led economic development strategic planning for Pensacola, Florida
- Consultant to the Research Foundation for the State University of New York on innovation and economic development program development.
- Subcontractor to Public Works Consulting on an engagement for a major university based in New York City
- Contractor to New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) for a stakeholders’ analysis on the Saratoga Technology + Energy Park
- Consultant to Edelman public-relations firm
- Consultant on contract to Battelle Technology Partnership Practice, on projects funded by the Flinn Foundation; Council on American Medical Innovation, PhRMA, Rutgers University; Louisiana Economic Development; State of Nebraska; Indiana BioCrossroads, and others
- Advisor in Community and Economic Development to the Innovations in American Government Awards Program, Ash Institute, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
- External reviewer for six innovation programs funded by Orange County (Florida), on a technical assistance project funded by Living Cities (below)
- Consultant to the Director of Policy and Research, Living Cities, on economic-development issues as part of reconfiguration of the organization’s programs
- External Reviewer for the CUNY Institute for Software Design and Development (CISDD), reporting to the Vice President for Research at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York
- Advisor to New York University’s College of Nursing Office of the Dean; and to the College’s John A. Hartford Foundation Institute for Geriatric Nursing; and to the Institute’s Nurse Competency for Aging project, funded by Atlantic Philanthropies
- Advisor to the Office of the University Dean for Research, City University of New York, regarding CUNY’s participation in the New York State Commission on Higher Education
- Advisor on first-year reporting to the NSF Engineering Research Center for Mid InfraRed Technology for Health and the Environment, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Princeton University
- Advisor to the Office of the Dean, Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Sciences at Columbia University, regarding SEAS presentation to the Columbia Board of Trustees
- Project staff for Center for Economic and Environmental Partnership Inc. (CEEP) in managing a Network of Economic Development Officers in NYC Knowledge-Based Institutions, funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and sponsored by the New York State Foundation for Science, Technology and Innovation (NYSTAR)
- Project staff for for the Industrial and Technology Assistance Corporation (ITAC) in conducting a review of business incubators in New York State, funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and NYSTAR (as above)
- Independent Reviewer for the Technology Transfer Incentive Program of NYSTAR (one year only; discontinued to avoid potential conflicts of interest once incubator association was started)
- Consultant for the Vice President for Research at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, regarding management review of the Center for Continuing Education
- Project staff for the Business, Labor and Community Coalition of New York City (now defunct) to develop concept for a World Science Center (TM)
- Consultant to the Director of Policy, Office of the Bronx Borough President, on economic-development issues
Clients served while a Battelle part-time employee (1997-2009):
- State economic-development agencies in Arizona, Connecticut, Idaho, Maryland, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, Ohio, etc.
- Municipal economic-development initiatives in Baltimore, Indianapolis, New York City, Oklahoma City, Portland, Hillsborough County, etc.
- Public/private economic development partnerships (statewide or regional) in Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc.
- Technology sectoral associations including AURP, BIO, PhRMA, ACORE, etc.
- Private foundations including Danforth, Kauffman, Flinn, Blandin/SOTA TEC Fund, etc.
- Universities, hospitals, research institutes and research parks (numerous clients nationwide in both the public and independent sectors).
- Federal agencies including NSF, NASA, U.S. EPA, Tennessee Valley Authority, etc.